A computer is an electronic device that accepts data from the user, stores it in its memory, processes it, and gives the required information as output. Today’s environment requires everyone to have a basic understanding of computers. The complete form of a computer and a list of full forms linked to computers should be known by anybody preparing for a job interview or other competitive exam. In this article, we’ve given you the computer’s full form and some other crucial information about it.
Computer = Arithmetic Logical Unit + Control Unit
What is Computer and Computer Full Form?
A computer is an electronic device that manipulates information or data. It can store, process, and retrieve data.
The computer full form is
“Common Operating Machine Particularly Used for Technological and Educational Research”
Computer Terminology Everyone Should Know
The provided table is a list of all the complete forms linked to computers. These are the fundamental computer-completed forms that seekers need to be aware of as well.
|LED Full Form
|LCD Full Form
|Liquid Crystal Display
|USB Full Form
|Universal Serial Bus
|VGA Full Form
|Video/Visual Graphic Adapter
|LAN Full Form
|Local area network
|WAN Full Form
|Wide Area Network
|HTTP Full Form
|Hypertext Transfer Protocol
|Kbps Full Form
|Kilobytes per second
|Mbps Full Form
|Megabytes per second
|MIPS Full Form
|Million of instructions per second
|LLL Full Form
|HLL Full Form
|CPU Full Form
|Central Processing Unit
|RAM Full Form
|Random Access Memory
|ROM Full Form
|Read Only Memory
|PROM Full Form
|Programmable Read-Only Memory
|EPROM Full Form
|KBD Full Form
|FDD Full Form
|Floppy Disc Drive
|HDD Full Form
|Hard Disc Drive
|EEPROM Full Form
|VDU Full Form
|Visual Display Unit
|VIRUS Full Form
|Vital Information Resources Under Seige
|BIOS Full Form
|Basic Input/Output System
|POST Full Form
|Power ON Self Test
|SMPS Full Form
|Switch Mode Power Supply
|DVD Full Form
|Digital Video Disc
|CD Full Form
|I/O Full Form
|Input and Output
|BIOS Full Form
|Basic Input/Output System
|HDMI Full Form
|High-Definition Multimedia Interface
|HDD Full Form
|Hard Disc Drive
|PDF Full Form
|Portable Document Format
|NTFS Full Form
|New Technology File System
|UPS Full Form
|Uninterrupted power supply
|MMC Full Form
|SSD Full Form
|Solid State Drive
|VGA Full Form
|Video graphics array
|DVI Full Form
|Digital Visual Interface
|DHTML Full Form
|Dynamic Hypertext Markup Language
|DVE Full Form
|Digital Video Express
|DVE Full Form
|Digital Video Effects
|DOS Full Form
|Disc Operating System
|PMD Full Form
|Protected Mode Interface
|DPI Full Form
|Dots per Inch
|HTML Full Form
|Hypertext Markup Language
|RAID Full Form
|A Redundant Array of Independent Discs
|RDMA Full Form
|Remote Direct Memory Access
|SATA Full Form
|Serial Advanced Technology Attachment
|DNS Full Form
|Domain Name System
|PPP Full Form
|SMTP Full Form
|Simple Mail Transfer Protocol
Learning About Computer Parts
Computer components means parts of a computer that make up a computer. Without these components, a computer would not be able to do the things it does.
- The main component of a computer is the Central Processing Unit (CPU). This is the brain of the computer and is responsible for performing all of the calculations and operations. It is made up of small electronic circuits that control how the computer runs.
- The second component is the Random Access Memory (RAM). This is used to store temporary data while the computer is running. The more RAM a computer has, the more tasks it can do at once.
- The third component is the Hard Disc Drive (HDD). This is where the computer stores all its data and information. It is made up of spinning discs that hold the data, and it uses magnetic energy to store the information.
- The fourth component is the motherboard. This is the main circuit board of the computer, and it connects all the other components. It contains slots for the CPU, RAM, and other components.
- Finally, the fifth component is the power supply. This is responsible for supplying power to all the components of the computer. It is usually a large box that plugs into the wall.
These are the five main components of a computer. Without these components, a computer would not be able to run.
Read also: Block Diagram of Computer System
The Working of A Computer
computer works by using a combination of hardware and software.
Hardware is the physical parts of a computer, such as a monitor, mouse, and keyboard. The hardware is what you can see and touch.
Software is the programs and instructions that tell the hardware what to do. The software is the set of instructions that tells the computer how to perform tasks.
When you turn on a computer, the software is loaded into the computer’s memory. This is where the computer stores information. The software then tells the computer what to do. For example, when you open a web browser, the software tells the computer to connect to the Internet and load the web page you requested.
The hardware and software work together to make the computer function. When you type something into a web browser, the software reads what you type and sends it to the web server. The web server then sends a response back to the computer, and the software interprets the response and displays it on the screen.
Computers are amazing machines that can do many different things. They can play music, create websites, and even help you make 3D models. With the help of computers, people can do amazing things!
Let’s Talk About Computer Memory Basics
Computer memory is a very important part of how a computer runs. It is like a brain that stores information and instructions for a computer to use. There are two main types of memory: RAM (Random Access Memory) and ROM (Read Only Memory).
RAM is like the working memory of a computer. It stores data and instructions that the computer is currently working on. Every time you open a new program, it needs to be loaded into RAM so the computer can use it. RAM is like short-term memory, and it is very fast, but it is also very volatile, which means that if the power is turned off, all the data stored in RAM will be lost.
ROM is like the long-term memory of a computer. It stores data and instructions that the computer needs to start up and run normally. ROM is not as fast as RAM, but it is non-volatile, which means that it will not be erased if the power is turned off.
Computer memory is vital to how a computer works. Without it, the computer would not be able to store any data or instructions. It is important to remember that RAM is used for the programs that are currently running, and ROM is used to start up and run the computer normally.
Benefits Of Using A Computer
- Better Learning: Students may use computers to access a wide range of resources and educational materials, allowing them to study at their own pace and go deeper into subjects than what is covered in the classroom.
- Improved Communication: Computers allow students to communicate with each other, classmates, and teachers from anywhere in the world. This can help foster collaboration and teamwork, as well as provide a platform for students to exchange ideas and resources.
- Improved Creativity: Computers give students the tools to create and express themselves in ways that might not be possible without them. They can use various forms of multimedia, such as music, images, animation, and video, to create projects and explore their creativity.
- Improved Organisation: Computers can help students keep track of their assignments, grades, and other important information. This can help them stay organized and on top of their work.
- Improved Self-Esteem: Computers can also help students boost their self-esteem. By using computers, students can gain confidence in their abilities and become more independent.
The Positive And Negative Effects Of Computer Technology On Society
The impact of computers on children is both positive and negative. On the positive side, computers provide children with access to a wealth of information and resources that can help them learn and explore. They also provide an outlet for creative activities and can help children develop problem-solving and creative thinking skills. Additionally, computers foster collaboration and communication among children, enabling them to connect with peers and adults around the world.
On the negative side, too much computer use can lead to a decrease in physical activity, social interaction, and outdoor activities. It can also lead to an increase in sedentary behaviour and obesity. Furthermore, children may be exposed to inappropriate content or experience cyberbullying. Finally, excessive computer use can lead to sleep deprivation and may decrease academic performance.
15 Fun Facts About Computers
- The first computer motherboard was made of wood.
2. Computers process instructions billions of times faster than the average human brain.
3. The first Internet was a computer–to–computer network devised by BBN Technologies in 1969.
4. There are more computers in the world than there are people (over 4 billion computers).
5. The first user–friendly computer, the Apple II, was introduced in 1977.
6. The world’s first computer virus was discovered in 1986.
7. The most used programming language in the world is Java.
8. A quantum computer is capable of performing calculations up to 100 million times faster than conventional computers.
9. The laptop was invented in 1981.
10. The first computer game was invented in the 1950s.
11. The Atari 2600 is the most popular video game system ever sold worldwide with over 30 million units sold.
12. The first successful personal computer was the IBM PC released in 1981.
13. A single computer can control up to 65,535 devices at once.
14. The world’s fastest computer is the Fujitsu K computer located in Japan which can process 8.162 Petaflops per second.
15. The world’s the first machine to perform calculations was invented in 1822 by Charles Babbage, an English mathematician.
In conclusion, kids need to be aware of the facts that shape our world. From basic facts about the world’s population, countries, and continents to more complex topics like global warming, it is important to stay informed. Being knowledgeable about the world around us can help us make informed decisions and understand how our actions can have an impact on the world. By knowing the facts, we can all make a positive difference in the world. So, read these computer full form and the facts about computers, and share them with your near and dear ones.