With the advancement in technology as well as in computer science, every next parent wishes to have a computer science engineer in their house who can develop high-tech software, apps, websites, and such other programs. Due to this, the significance of coding and programming language has risen and every parent demands the best and appropriate coding language for their child to learn and explore the field. But on the other hand, many times your kid may find the coding monotonous and wish to quit in between.
Don’t worry, there number of ways to make your kid learn coding to make it interesting so that your child not only learns it but able to grow in the respective field. As it becomes important for your child to find coding interesting then only it could able to develop the skills easily and certain ways make coding interesting for kids. In this article, we are going to briefly describe some of the 10 best ways to make your kid learn coding.
Ways to make your kid learn coding
- Coding Toys and games – isn’t it sound surprising but yes there are plenty of coding toys and games that your kid to develop a coding skill in it and one of the perfect ways to make your kid learn coding. One of the best coding games for your kid could be Robot Turtles usually purchased for 4 to 9 years of a child that not only makes coding interesting for kids but also introduces the basics of programming. You can also go for Scratch Jr. or The Foos that is based on Scratch programming language and make it easy for your kid to learn the same language.
- Coding is creative than hectic – one of the ways to make your kid learn coding is to let them realize that programming is something creative, unique, and as logical as solving puzzle games or to play with block games. But the next question that comes to every teacher or parent’s mind is how to make coding creative rather than hectic? You can make coding interesting for kids by gifting them games like Lego Mindstorms or Inform 7 that assist them to decode the concept of programming language.
- Kids love video games– every kid loves to play with video games so buy them coding video games. Many times you purchase robots or puzzles or block games for your kids for their cognition development but certain coding toys such as Dash and Dot, Goldieblox helps your kid to learn basic and fundamentals of engineering. Moreover, through games and toys, you can make coding interesting for kids and develop the zeal in your kid to explore this field.
- Shift your kid’s attention towards coding – after developing interest in coding in your kid via various games, toys, and books, now it turns to shift your kid’s attention towards interactive coding classes. It becomes crucial for students to develop an interest in coding and by giving your kid their computer it helps them to understand the mechanism of language faster and easier.
- Coding books- Instead of giving your kids monotonous books, you can bestow them with fascinating coding books that could help the kids to build strong roots for coding. Such books through funny stories, friction characters, and other codes in colors teach the kids the basics of coding and some of those books are- Star Wars Coding Projects, python for kids, hello ruby, my first coding book, and a lot more. This could be the best to make your kid learn coding.
- Online courses and tutorials- To make coding interesting for kids, we offer a wide range of engaging programming courses such as Game Designing, GamerGame, and a lot more than you can check on our websites. The online courses that we offered are designed to firstly develop the interest of your kids in coding with the help of our primary and basic gaming courses and then we move to advance coding languages such as GoIntelligent and GoSTEAM with the interactive sessions.
- Pictoblox for beginners, a way to make your kid learn coding– For beginners and to make coding interesting for kids, we encourage the concept of Pictoblox that is a scratch based programming language. It is one of the best languages for a kid to shift their interest in coding and ways to make your kid learn coding. It has primarily opted for the age of 8-16 years of kids where we make them learn to use code blocks so that students can able to develop games, design gaming apps, animations, etc.
- Interactive sessions– By giving opportunities to the students in the class, we make our online coding classes more interactive and encouraging for students that is one of the best ways to make your kid learn coding. For every class or course, the most important aspect is to maintain class interactively and make it engaging. And we and our highly experienced team deliver an interesting session to make your kid learn coding.
- Decode the hardship– to make coding interesting for kids, it is crucial to remove the problems that have been facing by students in coding, and one of the 10 best ways to make your kid learn coding is to decode the problem by developing the critical, logical and analytical skills in kids. And this could be done through various ways mentioned herein.
- Teach with the help of quizzes and games- another way to make your kid learn coding is to educate them with the help of quizzes and games. Sometimes the sessions turn so boring and to make it interesting we engage our students in the quiz, question, and answer rounds and games.
However, with the above-mentioned ways to make your kid learn coding, the skills for programming can be developed easily. “Whether you want to uncover the secrets of the universe, or you want to pursue a career in the 21st century, basic computer programming is an essential skill to learn”, the statement rightly stated by Stephen Hawkins who strongly advocated the importance of programming in one’s life as an essential skill and not a mere choice. However, Mark Zuckerberg began programming at the age of 11.