New education policy 2020 in India, A turning move in Indian Education System
In this pandemic situation of COVID 19 where the universe has faced the crisis, India introduces the New education policy that is basically a major reform in the education system. Every system in a democratic state requires certain reforms with the passage of time and then only the state could run in a systematic manner. On the other hand, it is noteworthy that such reforms become a turning point for the citizen of the country. However, the reform in the education system with the new education policy comes up with certain benefits as well as loopholes in the teaching institution.
A move of innovation and quality
The government keeping in view the pandemic situation and foresight the future probabilities frame the new education policy that proves to be the turning point as soon as come into existence. The new education policy framed with the purpose to meet the demands of the 21st century and bend towards a more practical and experimental approach so that innovation and research could be strengthened.
Till now, the foundation of teaching institutions lies in terms of primary, middle, higher secondary, and college grades and regulated by different authorities but with the outset of new education policy, it takes a turning move for the development of education in the country.
Significance of steam education coding in New Education Policy
- The New education policy rebuilds the education in the schooling system and aims to make it easier by compression the syllabus and move towards the study of “core essential” subjects in which Steam education coding is one of them.
- A turning love from a theory-based approach to critical thinking and experimental learning would be the fruits of this policy. The time and for the development of a country’s education system requires you to lessen the burden from children’s shoulders and sweeping changes in board exams is a positive change for the same.
- The New education policy establishes one and only regulatory authority to govern the teaching institution that is All India Council for Technical Education AICTE which creates uniformity and transparency in the education system and discards the M Phil program and makes the undergraduate program of a duration of four years.
A scheme for cultural significance in the education system
This policy prioritizes the importance of mother tongue or regional language and keeping in view the diversity of Indian culture, the policy mandate the usage of the mother or regional language till class fifth.
It is significant to create awareness and provide comprehensive knowledge to students regarding Indian culture. A move that creates the teaching system on an empirical footing leads to progress in the education system. The ultimate aim of the policy is to create rationality and reasonableness so that a student can be called as a prudent man.
A Move of enlargement in a Teaching Institution
- The policy conducts the teaching in a 5+3+3+4 manner that makes the schooling easier and shifted from 10+2 structure that imposes pressure on the child to score rather than to gain knowledge.
- Moreover, the policy reduces the rigidity from the streamline in higher secondary education to the flexibility by offering single streams to pursue and can change their streams anytime as major and minor.
- This will broaden the scope of education and student can obtain knowledge of any subject. However, now the education system moves towards the knowledge-based approach and removes the scoreboard system that only focused on marks and not knowledge.
- By 2040 the policy aims to create a multidisciplinary education system where a primary motive is to gain knowledge.